1. OUR APPROACH
2. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us on email@example.com
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We will collect personal data when you obtain a quote for one of our products of services, or in the course of providing you with one of our products of services. We will also collect personal data when you register with us or provide your information through our website. The types of information we collect may include:
2. We will use your personal data, and may share your personal data with other third parties acting on our behalf, for one or more of the following purposes:
Sensitive Personal Data
3. In certain circumstances, we may need to collect sensitive personal data about you, which may include information about:
4. We will only use such sensitive personal data to:
5. We may also collect non-personal data (i.e. information that has been sufficiently anonymised and aggregated such that you cannot be identified directly or indirectly from it). Further information about our use of non-personal data is included in paragraph 9 (below).
3. INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
1. We will not be using your personal data for marketing purposes.
4. GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
1. To process your data lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. Our primary legal ground is that we need the data to fulfil our contract with you or to take certain steps prior to entering our contract with you. However, there may be circumstances where we also rely on other valid legal grounds, such as:
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios include disclosure:
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We may transfer your personal data to a third party in countries outside the UK for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in this policy. In particular, your personal data may be transferred throughout Modus and to our outsourced service providers. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisation, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact the data protection officer for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. If you are, or have previously been, a customer of ours then we may continue to hold and process your information for the purpose of continuing to carry out our obligations in connection with the insurance contract between us and you. We will continue to hold and process your information for the duration of the insurance contract and for a reasonable period of time afterwards as required by law.
2. We may keep an anonymised form of your personal data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
8. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
1. Data protection law provides individuals with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal data. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if they believe that their personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
2. Right to make subject access request (SAR).Where we are processing your personal data as a data controller you may, where permitted by applicable law, request copies of your personal data. If you would like to make a SAR, i.e. a request for copies of the personal data we hold about you, you may do so by writing to the data protection officer whose contact details are above. The request should make clear that a SAR is being made. You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity and a fee.
3. Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal data.
4. Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit certain service features for which the processing of your personal data is essential.
5. Right to object to processing. You may, as permitted by applicable law, request that we stop processing your personal data.
6. Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal data and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your personal data, such as a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
7. Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal data. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, please visit the ICO website for instructions.
9. NON-PERSONAL DATA
10. LINKED WEBSITES
If you have any queries you can contact us using any of the options below.Phone: 0345 241 0950
Contact: Contact Us
Get A Quote
Protect your excess immediately in four quick and easy steps. Get an instant quote now.Get A Quote!